There are two types of wordpress system.
One that is hosted on Wordpress.com and one that is hosted on your own
website and they both have different installation methods.
Wordpress system that is installed on your own hosting ( which you pay for ) can be configured easily by using the Hitsteps plugin for Wordpress.
Wordpress.com blogs need to modified by adding an html widget and inserting the Hitsteps code.
Here is how:
1. Please get your hitsteps API Key. ( Here is how )
2. Login to your wordpress administration dashboard.
3, On plugin section, click on "Add New"
4. Search for hitsteps.
5. Click on "Install Now"
6. Confirm Installation.
7. Activate Plugin
8. Click on "enter your hitsteps API key" link.
9. Enter your hitsteps API Code you got earlier and click on Save
10. Enjoy! you can view quick summary of your website in your wordpress dashboard and if you click on Live Dashboard button in it, You'll redirected to our website where you can access in-depth detail about your website visitors.
Wordpress on Wordpress.com ( Limited Support )
Your Hitsteps will now begin tracking visitor information.